Family Picture

Family Picture

Monday, September 24, 2012

ouch

Work over the past week was stressful. I'll end there.
Sunday was usual. Woke, ate, dressed, and off to church. After worship i sat down and started loosing my vision. Parts of my dad were just gone. Then it got worse. Then worse. I told jason my vision was going out.

I ended up leaving and going and laying on the floor in the conference room. My vision came back but not to quickly after i got this pounding headache. Hurt to open my eyes.

I thought maybe my blood pressure was to high. So Jason went and got me my medicine. I took it. Came home and took a 2 hour nap. Woke up still feeling like my head was full but the pain wasn't as sharp.  (side note: my blood pressure was and is fine--fine on meds that is.)

So today my head is still full feeling with an ache. I think this is what people call a migraine. I have only had 2 migraines, both resulted in my 2 beautiful children being born. Otherwise i have never had a headache this bad.

So today i'm laying low. Errands, dinner early, lighting candles, and reading martha stewart. Talked to a best friend in Vegas and caught up on all things kids, marriage, and ministry. My heart is full.

Oh yea, and i'm getting rid of facebook.

The last few weeks it's been so toxic for me. Listening to people complain about their life. Listening to people need validation for the way they look, feel, and their actions.

I started wanting to shout at them--yes through the computer--so i think that means it's time to take a break.

I do love facebook. I love keeping in touch with people, seeing pictures, and rejoicing with peoples victories.

But what ever happened to calling your husband or best friend with good news? Instead we post it quickly.
What happened to praying about our needs? instead we post it.
What happened to not comparing ourselves to everyone around us? instead i'm doing that.
I don't know about you, but i'm going to be ok not hearing how much weight one needs to lose, what someone cooked for dinner, or who is in or out of a relationship.

I must be careful what fills my head. Because at the end of the day, if all my kids saw was an iphone up to my face, well then, then i think i've failed them. And failed them miserably.

Will i be on facebook? yes.
Will i be on their much less? yes.
Do i think you need to stop facebook? no

Twitter. Twitter will still happen.


2 comments:

  1. Good word from a wonderful wife, momma and friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my friend! Hope married life is AMAZING! :)

      Delete