Family Picture

Family Picture

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Voices

I battle my brain almost every day.
Constant.
The nagging voices are a constant reminder of my shortcomings, my to do lists, and my comparisons. Not every day to they take much time to retreat. Other days it's constant. Especially in the silence.

I don't hear voices. I don't have faces to the voices. But they are constant.
And i give them room to be heard.

I have control but i continue to battle them in my mind.

I have free time, so i sit. I grab my phone and listen to the voices. Facebook. Twitter. Instagram.

I have a moment so i pick up a magazine and look around my house and suddenly feel inadequate at what i have made.

See the problem really isn't the voices.
It isn't facebook.
Instagram.
Twitter.

The problem is me.

Because i have control over what i put in my brain. I have control over my thoughts. The thoughts that come in and the thoughts i give light to. The fleeting thoughts of inadequacy can be just that, fleeting. Yet i give them light when i keep my mind on them. I keep my focus on me.

So today i have pumped the worship music loud.
I have sang at the top of my lungs.

Because when i praise Jesus, those thoughts aren't heard.
My shortcomings aren't short.
My comparisons are void.

We were made to worship. And freedom from ourselves, comes in worship.

"In Christ Alone
I place my Trust
And find my Glory in the Power of the Cross
With Every Victory,
Let it be Said of me:
My Source of Strength
My source of Hope,
Is Christ Alone."




No comments:

Post a Comment