Family Picture

Family Picture

Monday, March 31, 2014

Listening

Yesterday I woke up alone.
Jason already gone to church and the kids at my sisters house. It was wonderful.
I had some good moments in my bible and listening to Jesus speak to my heart.

I felt the impression to write a blog about a conversation i had with a friend over a year ago. Wasn't sure if i was able to share our exchange.
Its rather personal for her.
I didn't want to cross any boundaries.

So i sent her a Facebook message asking if she would be willing to let me share our exchange of the time God spoke to me and i followed through and did what he asked.

Then i went to church.
The prayer focus was listening.
*Cue chills and weird feelings that my entire morning spent with the Lord was around the same word*
When i got home i got on Facebook and saw that my friend Holly was willing to let me share our brief, yet powerful exchange for this blog.

My hope.
My prayer in all of this is that you see what listening to Jesus and his promptings can do for the world around you.
What you think is a fleeting thought of a person.
Or a quick moment of reflection.
That when prompted by the Spirit to share with that person your thoughts can have an impact.

****

A little background on Holly.
Holly is someone i have really only known from afar.
She is great friends with my sister in law Heather.
She is beautiful.
She has the best style.
She is funny.
She is Mother to 2 daughters and 1 boy on the way.
She is graceful.
And this is just what i've seen from afar.

Sometime ago Holly lost her first daughter. Georgia. And since we are truly friends from afar, i have only witnessed Holly's grief, pain, and grace in losing her daughter through Facebook.
Through what Holly has shared of her daughter Georgia's passing, i have seen a woman lean into Jesus and his strength.

I wasn't a person Holly called in a time of need.
We don't even have each others phone numbers.
Our relationship is beautiful because social media let me get a glimpse into the spirit of who this woman is as she has shared her journey with the world.

Now cue what i wrote to Holly over 1 year ago this month.
First is me writing to Holly.

"First forgive me for not telling you this YESTERDAY! Yesterday I woke up, and your Georgia was on my mind. I told God, how weird to wake with something, for me so random. A sweet girl I've never met who has lived her life in heaven. To which I prayed and asked God, what to do with this. To which I felt he replied, I was to just tell you. If yesterday was a special day. Awesome. If yesterday was a random day. Awesome. God loves you. God loves your precious girl. God loves your family. There. So sorry i was to do that yesterday. Then in pandora, a song Georgia on my mind came on... And Ahh! It was a divine God moment as a reminder on what I forgot! Forgive me! Be blessed! Kathy"

This is Holly's reply:

Oh my word! Wow. Thank you, Kathy! Such a beautiful thought shared.
You're so sweet to share your words and thoughts from God. Thank you! You have made my night and day! Yesterday was actually a really tough day. Missing both of my girls while at work. Gosh. I just don't even have words. Just some tears welling up.



Is this exchange not the coolest?
I love that i got to be a part of God loving his children.

Do i always get it right?
No.
As you can see i was to tell her the day before but got cold feet thinking "who me?".

God's ways are divine.
They are perfect.
They are timely.

I didn't say anything life changing.
Georgia, Holly's daughter came to mind, and i pondered her little life for moments, and then prayed a simple prayer of "God, how am I to use these thoughts?"
And God was faithful.

This is my encouragement to listen to what God has prompted you to do.
To follow through.
To live this life not for yourself but to bring God, his love, to people who need it.
Each day.






No comments:

Post a Comment