Family Picture

Family Picture

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Brave

Brave: ready to face and endure danger or pain; showing courage.

I called Jason this morning and he didn't pick up. I knew what that meant. I couldn't ask him for help. I had to go ahead and do this on my own. So i did.
I signed my name.
Wrote some numbers down.
Got my license out.
Got in the car.
Drove up to the bank window and proceeded with heart pounding to cash a check.

To some you can laugh. That's ok. Jason did.
To others you know the fear of doing something you haven't done in a long time can provoke a fear and anxiety in you that can make a small task seem daunting.

Jason called me after to which i quickly said "no worries. i was brave. i cashed the check myself!"
He said good job and on my way i went.

Being brave doesn't always have to be a big production. Often times its the every day parts of life that we know bring pain, bring growth, bring endurance, and take courage.

Apologizing to your kids for going over board about a lost coat.
Brave.
Speaking up when it is needed but easier to stay quiet.
Brave.
Crying when the tears want to come but others will see you.
Brave.
Loving people past the point of your own comfort so Jesus can be the hero.
Brave.
Helping launch a campus.
Brave.

Enjoy this song. It's amazingly beautiful. Listen all the way through.

You Make me Brave

No comments:

Post a Comment