Family Picture

Family Picture

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

End of school year.

Schools out in a few weeks. This has been a year of tremendous growth for Judah. I wanted to get it all down and not forget.

Dear Judah:

In  few weeks you'll be a second grader. Where did time go? I don't know. You were so confident when i dropped you off, sure that being away from me the entire day was no big deal at all. You were right, it was no big deal. Although you didn't "miss me" in the way most kids did, you did miss me. The daily trips to the nurses office for a band-aid or to just talk about what happened in kick ball. That was missing me. The time you smelled something funny at the lunch table and it made you throw up. You went to the office and asked the nice ladies to call your mom because "she'll understand". They called me, and you're right. I understood.

You braved kickball everyday both recess with boys much taller and stronger than you. You were a part of the team. I'm proud of you for that. You came home everyday and only remembered the moves you made in kick ball and if you were on the grass team or the dirt team. It was awesome.

Your teacher Mr. Kerani taught you chess. You got along so well with Mr. Kerani. He saw something very special in you and took time with you to get to know your eccentric ways. if you needed it quieter to think, he let you go to the hall to think. If you needed to stand at your desk and jump for a few minutes, he let you do that too. He listened to your stories of kick ball over and over. He e-mailed me about your successes. He boosted your self confidence in yourself and made you want to do better at writing and reading.

Which your reading is taking off. You're into comics like your daddy is and you can't get enough of them. Daddy always said he learned to love to read by comics, and you're doing the same. You and daddy have that in common, a love of all things found in comic books. Your special world you share with him. How sweet.

You never lost your kind tender heart. When someone called you stupid you told me it was ok, he was still your friend. You said mom, dont worry, he can still be a nice guy. I wanted to punch him to the ground, and you wanted to give him the hand up.

You teach me and everyone around you about the kindness of Jesus in how you live your life at the age of 7. You're an amazing boy Judah Timothy and i'm so blessed to be your mom.

I can't wait to spend the summer with you. Letting you sleep in. Letting you kick a ball in the neighbors yard then start a search party with the neighbor kids to find it. I can't wait. I wish the years would slow down but they aren't going to. i couldn't be more proud of the boy you're becoming. The kid that is everyones friend and always putting his hand out to help the next one up. You're incredible Judah.

Love you bunches.
momma

No comments:

Post a Comment